Volvo Group Truck Technology are looking for Electrical & Electronics Hardware Engineers
We are looking for new, ambitious, and enthusiastic, employees with passion to work and develop sustainable transport solutions with pioneering products and services for the transport and infrastructure industries. Sounds interesting? Then keep reading!
Our mission is to design electrical components (mostly for low voltage in this case) throughout concept phase up to serial production and maintenance while optimizing demands on quality, deliveries, cost, and features.
The development work is run in an agile set up and you will be involved in the whole chain, from requirements setting, supplier evaluation, product development, industrialization, sales and to the aftermarket. The team in Gothenburg is a mix in age, gender, and nationality. Together we build an atmosphere where we help each other and enjoy working as a team.
About the role
You will be responsible to develop electrical components including dimensioning activities. The role requires frequent communication with external suppliers regarding specifications and functionality. Depending on the current initiative portfolio and initiative phases, the focus for your work will vary but your main responsibility with the role is to:
• Initiate and develop design concepts to meet objectives set
• Be responsible for the technical requirements and participate in development of hardware together with our suppliers
• Securing Quality Delivery Cost and Features for the engineering task, meaning responsibility to coordinate and lead cross functional work
• Create, modify, and release product documentations
• Resolve quality issues in projects, in factories or in aftermarket
• You have a Master of Science in Electrical or Industrial Design Engineering or equivalent academic background or competencies.
• You have a deep interest in Electrical HW area, and you have experience in electrical HW from development in the automotive industry. We are welcoming both you who have extensive experience, including technology leadership, in electrical components and you who are more in the start of your career.
Who are you
We believe that you are an open-minded person with a positive attitude enjoying team work. At the same time you are able to work independently and take responsibility for your own deliveries. You are not afraid of trying and do not hesitate to take part in and to drive changes. Engagement is a key word.
You have a deep interest in electrical components good communication skills which require that you are fluent in English, both written and spoken. You have the ability to work in a truly multicultural environment.
What can we offer?
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within Volvo Group. With this position we can offer a challenging role where you will be part of a devoted and engaged team. You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products. Teamwork, energy, passion and respect for the individual are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
Yrkeskategori: Mjukvaru- och systemutvecklare m.fl.
Arbetslivserfarenhet: 1 år eller mer